Wednesday 21 October 2015

X-Wing Progress




Here is my X-Wing in it's current state.  All of the basic shapes have been created, now things need refining and neatening up.  The wings need a lot of attention, but I thought I would mirror them and get them all in so I can see how far I am getting with the model.  Doing that has helped visualised the end result.


The front view; you can see that the fuselage needs some refining to the shape, this can be done by selecting the edges and bringing them in, using the reference image behind as a guide.  Incidentally, there are a lot of unnamed objects in the object list, if this isn't fixed soon, I'll lose what objects are what.





2 comments:

  1. How did you find working with the schematics, was it hard to make everything line up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end, I used the same schematics. but I just tried to keep the model 'true' on the one view, I believe it was the side view I kept it all to. Otherwise I was always fighting to try and keep them even, or messing around with the shape and scale of the schematics.

      Delete