Monday 14 December 2015

Camera Work Run Down

Across my shots I have used for my animation, some that differ quite drastically from my proposed storyboard, I have chosen carefully how to frame each shot, and what the viewer is made to look at:

Shot 1:


The opening shot begins POV as the TIE spins out of control, then to steady itself (by the pilot) I chose to put the viewer in the cockpit, so that they would feel a part of the beginning action, to feel like the pilot, and to empathise with the pilot.  As per my entry about camera techniques and their worries, I think I achieved the depth I was worried about, as they shot looks dynamic as opposed to static.

Shot 2:


The shot begins inside the windscreen, and pans out an tracks downwards. I chose to have in track downwards so that it gives the TIE Interceptor power and fills the screen.  As it tracks and reveals the planet behind, showing the sun beginning to emerge, I added in a lens flare.  This accentuates the sun peaking over the planet, plus also adds a bit of flash to the TIE and makes it look more powerful.

Shot 3:


The X-Wing is sitting in space alone, after righting itself from the initial spin in shot 1.  The TIE is looking off screen and begins to turn, as if it is following something, this indicates to the viewer that something is happening off screen.  By doing so it grabs their interest and makes them think @what could be there?' as so far they have only seen the TIE.  I had the X-Wing fly in and straight out of shot, to emphasize its speed.  The TIE realising what has shot passed begins to give chase.  Had the TIE had some sort of way to give exaggerated expressions I would have liked to at this point tale advantage of that, perhaps surprise when first seeing the X-Wing, or determination when following.

Shot 4:


I wanted the viewers' attention to look at both the TIE and the X-Wing, so to do this (to make sure the viewer pays attention to both) was to pull focus.  From the X-Wing to the TIE.  The barrel roll is so that again the viewer feels they are a part of the action, rather than watching it from afar.

Shot 5:


This shot, the ships start at the bottom left of the screen, near the shine of the planet.  They then shot upwards until they are slowed right down, to appear slow motion, and then shoot off screen.  This shows the viewer that they chasing one another at high speed.  The slow motion aspect is known as ramping, where the action takes place at normal speed and then is brought to a very smooth slow motion segment that abruptly snaps back to full speed.

Shot 6:


For this shot, I decided I want the camera to be very close to the wing, almost so that the viewer wasn't sure what they were looking at until the camera pans round to reveal that it is the TIE Interceptor.

 Shot 7:


I really wanted to show off the cockpit I had made for my TIE Interceptor; I added a blur to the sides of the shot, as the camera moves around the cockpit.  Therefore gives the illusion of a focal blur, as the camera moves behind the chair, which starts out of focus, it is then in focus.

 Shot 8:


The focus switches between the TIE and the X-Wing, starting on the TIE and then moves onto the X-Wing.  This is to show importance to the TIE by being in focus first, then switches to the X-Wing, making the viewer focus on the X-Wing, and then it is shot to pieces.  Afterwards the TIE zooms towards the wreckage and flies through it towards the viewer.  By doing this it covers the whole shot, making so it can be faded to black to end the video smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment