Thursday 10 December 2015

X-Wing Explosion

To create the X-Wing blowing up, I have used the meshbomb (Explained in a previous post).  To make the motion of the X-Wing's parts look more convincing I have also enabled motion blur on the camera in the render setup.  I have done this because the parts will be moving fast, and naturally things when moving quickly blur, rather than stay sharp.

I have increased the shutter duration so that the parts blur a bit more when moving, to simulate faster motion.

Looking at the youtube video, I learned that one can insert fire, which I have done, into a mesh bomb.  This helps gives a more realistic explosion, although, how would a space ship explode in space...? 

I set the gravity of my explosion to zero, so that after the explosion is detonated the objects will move in the direction of the force, otherwise it would imply that there is gravity, and we know that there is not in space




References:

c123hris CG and Photography Channel, 2009. 3ds Max Explosion Tutorial (without plugin). [video online] Available at: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRyFJ9kK1ko> [Accessed 10 December 2015]

No comments:

Post a Comment